New Car Detail and Prep
Time Required -1 to 2 days
Price starts at $500
New Car Preparations are often overlooked. “It’s brand new! It shouldn’t need polishing or a buffer laid on it right? Wrong!
You’d expect a new car you pay thousands for to be delivered and presented with the utmost of care, boasting flawless paintwork and perfect in every way (with nothing to hide). Unfortunately, this is rarely the case and I’ve seen it all. Everything from resprayed panels on Ford’s and Teslas, to sanding marks, paint cracks and even machine buffer trails on $140,000 limited production cars.
So how does this happen? There are several reasons.
Things such as storage conditions, damage caused while in transport and at the factory and poor unskilled PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) preparation at the dealership can lead to a whole array of defects in your paint and problem areas that may need addressing. Fine scratches, surface marring, factory induced sanding marks, machine holograms, bird lime etching, metallic fallout and lacquer “fish eyes” to name but a few. When we come to see your new car, we can show you these issues.
When you purchase the car and head into the finance office you’re likely to be offered the in-house ‘paint protection packages’ with “5 years protection”, “lifetime protection” “no more polishing” and other such big claims, in reality, they offer poor value for money (package’s such as Supaguard, Simeniz, AutoArmor, LifeShine, DiamondBrite and Gard X) many of these products have deductibles, strict guidelines in order to maintain the warranty and then to top it off these products are often applied incorrectly and over poorly prepared paint finishes as the in-house valet team are given strict timescales with minimal training on how to correctly prepare and protect your newly purchased pride and joy. We often get calls from customers, whom are at the dealership, trying to get their money back on these poorly prepared finishes, or have us fix them. See our reviews area. In addition, we also do not carry deductibles to maintain warranties on our coatings.
At Total Package Detailing, our New Car Detail typically takes 1-2 days (not 1-2 hours) and is comprised of the industries’ finest tools, chemicals and coatings; protecting your investment from 18 months to a massive 9 years. Giving paintwork unrivaled UV resistance, dirt repellency, easy clean and swirl resistance thanks to the state of the art nano quartz coatings by Gtechniq. With our New Car Detail Extra’s Pack, alloy wheels can also be removed to be coated inside and out, exterior glass sealed with a durable 30,000 mile rain repellent, interior upholstery treated via a fabric protectant and leather seats receiving a water-based dirt & dye transfer barrier to protect it from your jeans discoloring the material. All in, the best start in life for your investment.
NOTE: It is HIGHLY advised to ask the supplying dealership not to touch the car prior to collection. No wash. No polish…No lot kids paid minimum wage to wash cars. This way, we reduce the need for costly paint correction services where fine scratches and swirls from bad contact could have easily been induced in the preparation stages.
- Alloy wheels cleaned; front facing, behind-spokes and inner-rim
- Wheel arches flushed, door shuts cleaned
- Extensive wash process using the two bucket system and pH neutral shampoo/foam
- Tar deposits and iron rich/metallic contaminants chemically treated
- Remaining surface contaminants removed with a claybar; leaving a slick, glass-like finish
- Vehicle rinsed and dried with plush, ultra soft microfibre drying towels
- Blown dry to remove trapped water and eliminate drips from crevices and crannies, emblems steam cleaned to remove any embedded residues.
- A mild finishing polish used via machine to remove surface defects and lightly burnish the paintwork giving ultra-slick reflections and gloss
- Single layer of Gtechniq C2V3 applied (multi layers available at cost)
- Trim/britework/tyres steam cleaned to remove any trapped polish residues then dressed and protected as necessary including tailpipes
- Glass cleaned throughout
- Ceramic paint protection - $250+
- Upgraded premium certified only Gtechniq ceramic paint protection - $350+
- Wheel protection - $105 for faces (ON CAR) / $300 (OFF CAR)
- 30,000 mile window rain repellent - $85 for windshield glass $125 for all front glass
- Basic interior valet - $25+
- Interior deep clean (inc. leather & shampoo) - $100+
- Leather protection- $50+
- Engine bay extreme steam detail - $50+
- Convertible hood cleanse & protect - $100